Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Charcoal still life with ribbon, glass & reflection. 18x24

This is another still life set up from my ART 111 class.  I liked drawing the drapery and the big glass pitcher.  Ive learned that when starting a new charcoal art piece I find it easier to draw with vine charcoal first, because it is easy to erase.  Once I complete that, I draw over that with a charcoal pencil, then wipe the whole drawing with a cloth. This makes it easier for me to blend in more charcoal for texture, depth, shading, and detail.  I complete my drawing with highlights.

4 comments:

  1. ~ Marilyn, your art is amazing.. You have become a true ARTIST! From the Heart!! I'm so happy you have found this within.. Wonderful !! Much Love your friend Sita ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hei..you draw the ribbons very great..the glass is also great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your drawing. As a beginner at drawing, I appreciate all the difficult subjects in this piece - material, glass, ribbon, and so on. Did you do this just from a 'live' set up, or did you use photos too?

    Thanks again,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you J. This drawing was set up in the middle of the classroom. I took pictures of it, to complete some work at home. The satin cloth was fun to do.
    Thanks again,
    Mj

    ReplyDelete

Homemade artistic greeting cards

This year I started creating homemade greeting cards. I made some birthday cards for my family members.  I love how they turn out and I l...